Saturday 1 October 2011

It's hard to separate church and crane in Spain

Another great example of how joined at the hip they are. If you see a crane you know there's a church nearby!

I paid the euro to look around the church and splendid it was too, although I never like paying a euro to prove Edison right that a switch is safer than a match

On my last camino I wanted to light a candle for my cousin Iain Mackay. I had to buy one and leave it outside

I've a plan when I get to o'cebriero to build an oasis of calm and leave some thoughts there, it can only be better for everyone than putting them down on blog!

Injuries dominated today's walk and most were mine although Janice'S shiner made harry's day. I started the day as relaxed as a good un. Sent a happy message to Caitlin who travels down to Durham today then as I stuffed my gear into the rucsac and readied to go I spied, in the corner of my eye something beginning with s. Yes another pair of socks. It's not as if I carry loads but as I stuck them in top of rucsac I felt a wee sharp pain. A tiny splinter sticking out my shoe had ripped my thumb in two. Su ch a small thing such a deep cut. Plaster on we left. The wound kept opening but I'm glad I don't roll my own fags anymore as I'd be scuffed, no golf for 3 weeks either. So we walked, Harry had found his cafe and with chocolate cake aplenty he said "tam bien" looking at a fellow perrogrinos plate

I hobbled in with a scarred right thumb
Luckily I'm left handed I said re-opening the wound with my camino craziness - think before you lift your cup ya dafty - the keg set off the leg 3k later

The hip joint us not happy after the fall in the Pyrenees and decided to squeak again

Basically u can't bend your knee

It was so sore I stopped but couldn't sit

Going into seat was agony so I kept leg straight out and breathed slowly swearing loudly and often

We got back walking after all the volterol but it was still sore - the curtain came down approaching carrion de Los conges and the tea was oot

Harry went on to find a room and I tried to change into sandals but couldn't undo my laces. Hmmm it's not good I thought as I tried again

I applied more volterol and finally I got my hand to the laces - except my right thumb couldn't touch the laces - typical all my injuries were down the right - once the volterol kicked in I got the laces undone and the boot of but I couldn't put the sandals on

U got to laugh but I got my sticks out and did something about Mary impersonation as I performed a Lee Evans type splits to get the stick on my sandal to put it on

Hooray - I hobbled up and Harry offered me a beer i declined

I canna walk ya dafty

Have you found us a casa rural?

It all went downhill after that

We found a hostel and Harry says as we walk up the stairs " are ye awright, will ah take yer sticks"

Aye cheers pal, the only thing holding me uk, no want ma bag, n

No, it's too heavy it's got ma charger in it

No comments:

Post a Comment